Sunday, September 21, 2008

lazy Sunday

We're slowly getting the house in order, slowly because Don is busy and I'm lazy. I will post all kinds of pics once it's done, here's some bits and pieces:



I made this cage for Frisky when we moved in. Despite the fact that's it a bigger, more luxurious living space then he had been acustomed to, he didn't want anything to do with it for the first couple of days. Now, he won't leave. Hardwood floors and rabbit feet don't mix.


That look of love has more to do with the close proximity of kibble than the close proximity of me. I've learned to deal with this daily insult in my life.


Here's our modern kitchen with my kitschy thrift store appliances! I love our high tech stove top, it boils water in 0.5 seconds. This picture was taken pre-stuff, so it's likely I'm making rice salad, a dinner we ate a lot at the time. Next time you cook rice, try adding salad dressing instead of oil, it is really delicious.


I just set this area up yesterday with a nightstand I got from the Salvation Army, and I'm so excited to have my own hair and make-up vanity area. It makes me feel like:





You think a mutt can strut like a showgirl? No girl, ya need A PRO!






Behold, my knitting creations!



I named these "cross-country armwarmers" because it took me moving across the country to finish them, and they look like windy roads in New York state that take FOREVER to drive through. I'm excited about these because this is the first pattern I created that worked in real knitting life.


I made this beret hat awhile ago, for the hard winter ahead. Easy and cute.



Is that skull wearing the same hat as me???

3 comments:

Michelle Koury said...

i love it! i love frisky! i love knitting! i love you!

Carrie Donovan said...

Umm, it's been a few lazy Sunday's now without news...Is your living room still set up in interview style? Has Frisky ventured "upstairs"?? Have there been bombs of the bath variety?!?
People read this thing, y'know =P

Carrie Donovan said...

P.S - I just checked a calendar. It's been one lazy Sunday. I stand corrected.