Tuesday, September 2, 2008

i work from the home.

As most of you know, my job in San Diego was lovely enough to keep me on for the next couple of months, so I've been working from home since we arrived in Boston. I'm going to give it to you straight- it is awesome. Don't shower? Who cares! Certainly not you or your chair.

However, there is only so much time you can spend at home alone before you start saying your thoughts out loud to ease the silence, and you realize what a boring, boring person you are:

"Why does my internet keep cutting out???!!! Oh, I fixed it."

"How's it going, Frisky?"

"I'm hungry."

"I wonder if the mail's come yet." (I have become obsessed with the mail since we got here. I check at least 3 times a day.)

"Are those Cheerio or Fig Newton crumbs on my shirt?" (Answer- little of both.)

"What's up, Frisk?" He gets asked that question at least 20 times a day. And it always startles him.

".... staring at the computer screen while mouth breathing"

So working from home is great for letting personal hygiene slide, but be prepared to stare into your deep, deep, boring abyss.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Remember in San Diego when I went to be the artist for Escondido and worked at home four days out of five?

Yeah, that's where I learned this same lesson. At least you have a bunny to talk to. Just watch out if she starts talking back.