Thursday, September 18, 2008

Quit being such a wet slanket

I found this today, and I think I'm in love:


A sleeved blanket? No wonder this is causing such a sensation around people who never leave their home. Look how much more fun everyone is having with a slanket on! Otherwise, dulls-ville with some silly wigs. I liked the red one, but after I read the description, I changed my mind:

"This color is so hard to describe with words. It's a feeling, a vibration, a longing. It's rich and vibrant. It draws you in and drapes you with comfort and color. If passion was a Slanket, it would be this color...maybe passion IS a Slanket. Slide into one and find out."


GROSS. Though the Slanket does seem to inspire passion:

Slanket Proposal
My boyfriend and I have been talking about getting Slankets for weeks, but hadn't yet bought them. I came home on Saturday, and he said he got us early Valentine's Day presents- Slankets! He had his on, and gave me mine. Turns out, he had had his mother sew pockets into mine, and inside the pocket was an engagement ring... He asked, and I said yes! Proposal via Slanket... what could be better?!
Jessica
Boston


What could be better?! Though the fact that the Slanket doesn't come ready-made with pockets worries me. Where do you keep snacks? You'd have to get UP, go GET them, and THEN sit back down. I thought this was the Scrubby Loser's blANKET.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

whoever invented that should be forced to walk the slank.

Michelle Koury said...

my heart stopped when i thought that was your slanket proposal story.

Unknown said...

oh my, and they say romance is dead.. what could be better than you and your partner looking like a morbidly obese wizard proposing to you. Well i cant wait to do the same for my wife, i've ordered it!