Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Stuff n' Thangs

Huzzah! The stuff has arrived! I wondered if I would feel overwhelmed once I got all my belongings back in my possession, and that I would gain a new realization of the transient nature of self and identity based on what you "own". But that's not what happened. I feel more secure and like myself having all my things around. Important but not surprising insight: first boxes I opened where kitchen and knitting related. Surprising thing is that I have no interest in any of the many clothes and shoes I deemed neccessary to bring. But that might have to do with the fact that it's so humid anything you wear is instantly gross, and I can wear the same thing every day with no one, except maybe Frisky, judging me.

Frisky is also a fan of stuff, since now there are more hiding places for him, so he can wander around and chew wires in safety. However, he first threw out a decoy ferret-shaped toy to see if there were any owls or hawks flying through the apartment, looking for a small furry animal meal. Clever boy.

P.S. Tropical storms are AWESOME.

1 comment:

Michelle Koury said...

i want some pics of your neighborhood and your house, please :)