Thursday, December 11, 2008

Judge me

Fun interactive blog time!! I created a couple of polls on the left hand side of the blog in order to get a broader insight on two recent issues that have been troubling my soul. Here's the backstory:

Poll 1: I was riding the subway to work yesterday when a girl got on who had the most amazing hat. One of the fun things for me living in a colder climate is the amount of knitted things I see and getting inspired to make my own versions. In this case, I had never seen a hat like this, and I actually put down the hat I was working on and thought about how I would construct a similar hat. But I hadn't seen it fully, and she was sitting on the opposite end of the car. I needed a more thorough inspection. But what if she got off on a different stop? How far was I willing to take this? I decided that if she did get off before me, I would surreptiously take a camera phone picture and study that. Luckily, we had the same stop, and she even went into Trader Joe's. I followed behind her probably too close for comfort, and then scribbled down some notes before I started work. Weird? A little too knit obsessed? Voice your judgement to the right.

Poll 2: We listen to satellite radio at work, and usually they're playing a not half-bad 90's rock station. This station has Counting Crow's first album in rotation, and I realized I know all the words to all the songs. Unbidden they spring from the dark recesses of my tortured tweens. I now have a twinge of embarrassment when I mouth the words to "Anna Begins" while serving mushroom turnover samples. Should I get over it, or continue doing penance for the sins of my youth?

Vote early and vote often!

3 comments:

Angela said...

I know all the words. I am not ashamed. I also know all the words to Mike TV's oompa loompa song, too. Some things, like Anna Begins, you never forget.

Michelle Koury said...

i dont understand the question, and i wont respond to it.... CLASSIC!

Carrie Donovan said...

I feel incredibly validated by the fact that my opinions are in the majority thus far. I appreciate the opportunity for self-satisfaction, Chelle.