Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving goodness and badness

Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving! Mine was overall excellent, look at what I got to eat!


I had to hurry, otherwise Hooboughwhoo was about to mow down on my butternut squash galette (served on a platter of the purest gold). I beat him to it though.

Here's a life lesson- Trying to peel a butternut squash can be dangerous if you are an idiot. If so, you will find a way to instead peel your finger, and your boyfriend will have to save Thanksgiving by taking over all kitchen duties involving sharp objects, and then take you to emergency room. After eating of course, we have our priorities straight.



Pop quiz: Am I sad because of my bloody finger, or because my giant goblet of wine is currently empty?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

thank crap you ended up cutting your finger with a knife instead of whoboughoo's teeth! if he/she would have gnashed at your finger you'd be minus a digit for the rest of your life!!!

Carrie Donovan said...

I'm gonna take a guess and say both A and B are true- lots of blood and no wine makes for a sad, sad Chelle.
On the other (hopefully unharmed) hand, you look skinny!

Tracykins said...

My guess is "both," too. And is this going to affect your knitting?

chelle marie said...

No, thank goodness. Turns out that middle fingers are somewhat useless, except to make a point.

Michelle Koury said...

Oh man! That sucks. You should have told us that the crazy wooden jaguar bit you.