Saturday, November 8, 2008

Good news for people who love good news that pertains to other people.

Things seem to be lining up for old Hagerty right now. First, I was offered an extension of my current employment at Jack in the Box. I will be doing my thang, wearing my sweatpants, for the next year. To supplement that and in the interest of leaving the house and making actual conversations with people, I also got a job at a Trader Joe's. Right before the big holiday rush, due to my impeccable timing. I hope my tired old body and mind doesn't betray me.

Also, pretty good presidental news, no? After the big depression of the 2004 election, this is a nice feeling. Don and I went to see The Decemberists on Thursday, and they could not get over the election either. They brought out an Obama life size cut-out and it was crowd surfed through the theatre with more respect than a cardboard cut-out is normally afforded. I think it made it through the show intact. They ended with Sons and Daughters, inviting people to come on stage with them and sing. It was lovely. I forgave their exclusion of Mariner's Revenge.
When Obama went to Harvard, he lived a few blocks from where I'm living now. It's hard to imagine without seeing my neighborhood, Winter Hill, but it's not what you would expect of an up and coming Harvard law student. Winter Hill historians are thrilled that this is not the only thing that's historically important around here. Next time I leave the house with the camera, I'll take a picture so you can see the bizarrity(?) of it.

I've been using this natural face cleaning method, and so far it has been pretty nice. I have somewhat oily skin now, thanks to Jack in the Box and their giant vats of fryers I slaved over, and this is helping get that in line, which seemed strange since you basically coat your face in oil. It feels really nice to deep clean your face twice a week or so. It's also much cheaper than store bought face "systems" I've used before. Rochelle's helpful home remedy of the day. Next week, I tell you how to unclog your drains using just vinegar and baking soda!!!!!!!Q!!!

Really though, I can, if anyone's interested.

2 comments:

Michelle Koury said...

i am so excited to start my deep cleanse regiment!!! i stopped washing my face almost a year ago because i am waaaay over poison on my skin. i think this will be just what my skin has been looking for! thanks!!!

Tracykins said...

Dude - the vinegar and baking soda trick is so entertaining. Bubble, bubble...