Sunday, October 12, 2008

We go outside!

Yesterday was a lovely fall day, so Don and I left the house and went exploring. We started at Davis Square where the Honk! Festival was going on, which was amazing. We caught this band, playing "Push it". Awesome.



We then went to MIT, for grad school library things. Now previously, we walked around Harvard, which definitely has that imposing Statues-and-Clock-Towers-and-Ivy-Covered-Buildings-from-the-1700's-Where-Things-Happened-That-You-Cannot-Even-Comprehend feeling down pat. I guess MIT was feeling the architectural heat, and so they came up with this:



The whole thing looks like Toon Town. It's disturbing and weird, and I feel like everyone involved is very embarrassed now, since the future has come, and buildings are still not poking out at odd angles.

The best thing about riding the Red Line subway is that when you cross from Cambridge to the city, you go across the Charles River, which on a nice day looks like this:

It makes you want to get a boat/yacht and sail around aimlessly sipping Chardonnay. And um, indulge in other rich people stereotypes.

(By the way, Don took all these pictures. Which is why they are beautiful, and you don't get a headache from looking at them.)


P.S. I take by the lack of comments that no one has watched the "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" clip. I urge you to reconsider. My taste might be somewhat suspect otherwise, but I know funny television.

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

Please don't take a lack of comments as a slight on your taste, it's just that I almost always end up reading your blog while I am at work, which I clearly should not be doing in the first place, so then watching television would likely be frowned upon and then I get home and I forget to do it.

Michelle Koury said...

i totally watched it but then didn't comment because it took me a week to recover from laughing so hard.

bAHston looks so beautiful. you guys need to find the local pubs because i want old dudes and beer in you next post.

Lindsay said...

Did you think of me when you heard Push It?

I hope so

sandiego mom said...

So glad to hear you're venturing outside - say hi to the mailman for me :)