Sunday, October 12, 2008

This Old Shaky Apartment

Here are the apartment pictures! Now feel like you are in our exciting new Boston apartment, perhaps feeling a wee bit tipsy, so everything is slightly blurry!*
Okay, steady now, maybe lay off the Old New England Egg Nog** for a bit. Get a glass of water and enjoy:


Here is the bar, complete with Whoobhoughoouu. We originally had our bikes down in the basement, but apparently this is where you put things you want thrown into the dumpsters, which happened while they were painting the basement. Quite a lot of effort from a landlord who seems to spend all his other time ignoring my phone messages.

Here's the bedroom, which looks really sparse and sad in the first picture. I added in some flair, but it's so dark and grim looking, you can't really tell.




Here is the desk, where I spend all my time, talking to Frisky. This is also where Don and I have Facebook Scrabble showdowns, which are really intense if you are actually facing each other. The sad truth is, I spend most of my facebook time playing scrabble with someone in the same room.


Here is our little living room corner. That couch is a fold-out, hint hint, please come visit me for the love of God, hint hint.

There is is! No kitchen pictures because the light burned out and we're not sure how to replace it, and the landlord has not returned my call. But I LOVE the kitchen. I can throw down pizza dough on the counter without it sticking, there's room to cut vegtables up without balancing precariously on the side of the sink, and the microwave makes perfect popcorn just by pushing the popcorn button. I know most microwaves have this button, but this one is the real deal. My life is taken on such a small scale lately that this is exciting enough to blog about. Be glad you don't live with me, and had to listen to me blurble on about the wonder of Christmas Tree Shops today.

* I'm sorry, I'm just incapable of taking a clear shot on our camera. You have to push down really hard on the shutter, and I don't have the proper coordination to do that and hold the camera straight.

** Don bought a bottle of this, and I am afraid. Two kinds of whiskey, rum, and brandy, all mixed up with HOMOGENIZED milk products. I'll stick with tea-

1 comment:

Michelle Koury said...

knitted desserts! i love this place and i will see you soon-ish, hint hint.