Sunday, August 2, 2009

oh hay hows it going

Continued whirlwind life. Interspersed with periods of lying on the couch all day. BOTH TOO IMPORTANT TO GIVE UP FOR BLOGGING IT LOOKS LIKE.

Here's what I've been into:

- Iced Coffee made with sun-tea style brewing. (The site says "cold brewed", but I think that's incorrect. I think cold brewed is way more labor intensive.) Anyways, SO GOOD. I mix some of this with soy creamer over ice and it's amazing. Please make it now. I'm experimenting to make a good Mexican style coffee with this method. Just adding cinnamon did not meet my standards. I think I will try brewing cinnamon with the coffee, or making a cinnamon simple syrup.

- Julia Child is the shit. I read her memoir, My Life in France, and then rented The French Chef on netflix. I can't get enough. Her attitude towards food is so unpretentious and passionate, even though we have some fundamental disagreements about what is delicious (make your own sausages with pig intestines? nope), I'm still in. There is also an incredible show called Baking with Julia on Create where she scares the bejeezus out of young bakers. Here's a small sample, where I think she says "a coon's age."



- I can't wait to see Meryl Streep as Julia Child.

- I've been designing my own sweater for the first time, but it's more theory than practice yet, since I've only gotten half-way through the back. It will be grey, very warm, and have pockets, as all good sweaters should. Would you like to see a picture? Sorry, Don has the camera in San Diego so you'll have to be patient. (Another reason I haven't posted, I have nothing to illustrate my posts. If I just use words, you'll all fall asleep.)

- Corn bread made with banana and honey instead of eggs.

- Moving, or the fact that I will be moved in about a month. The whole moving part is not thrilling me.

- Rolling Stones cover bands from Italy. Oh yes, they exist. Called The Stoners, naturally. And they were amazing. Though only Mick Jagger and Keith Richards were REALLY COMMITTED to the whole look.

1 comment:

Demands Medium Dice said...

By the looks of that video, The Stoners are playing in front of what seems may be a lot of people? Is that a jumbotron behin them? How is all of this possible?