Friday, June 19, 2009

Moving on...

...from cats with no faces- here is a painting by an artist I really like, Alexis Rockman. It's called The Farm:



I thought of this painting last week, and I couldn't remember the artist's name, so I was googling such things as "Pig with organs outside it's body", "Quadruple tomato", and "square cow". None were successful, though the pig one led to some bad images. WHICH I'M NOT SHARING, YOU'RE WELCOME.

Also, no one commented on this picture I posted earlier, but I have it as my desktop, and I've compiled a list of things that I like about it:



- that haircut
- bulletin board with her name on it
- the name Frances, in general
- rabbit sitting on the goddamn table
- the look on that rabbit's face
- striped shirt with a white collar
- crayons strewn about the table like she doesn't give a fuck
- using the crayons with an expression like she seriously gives a fuck

This is a movie still from an educational film from the 50's about Frances and her pet rabbit. I WANT IT SO BAD, but it's only sold in a pack with 10 other educational films for $60. I don't want to deal with all the extra nonsense.

3 comments:

Ilan S. said...

But think of how amazing the other videos could be! You can't just assume it'll all be riffraff, especially when looking at this as a sample. Also, I'm pretty sure that's a dress not a shirt.

chelle marie said...

You're right, upon closer examination it's a dress with a belt. EVEN BETTER.

lindsey boss said...

rochelle i hope you are well (that's my rhyme for you) it's been a while. but i wanted to say that i agree, the crayons on the table like she does not GIVE A FLYING FUCK but SHE DOES