Friday, August 29, 2008

Sometimes moving across the country sucks.

The last couple of days have been frustrating. To start, our stuff has still not arrived and the due date seems to stretch even father into the distant, tantalizing future each day. This morning Don and I discussed building furniture out of the one overabundant renewable resource we have at hand: bunny poos. Enviromentally friendly material! I guess it's a learning experience. Here's what I've learned that I need with me at all times, not packed away in a storage facility in Arizona.

1. COFFEEMAKER!! We bought instant coffee, so our survival is assured, but the first few days were brutal. Dunkin Donuts is a far walk.

2. Ummm, actually that's it so far. A bed would be nice though. We went yard sale shopping for furniture and other neccessities, and we bought a book, some picture frames, a wine cozy, and a mandolin. We obviously need a better handle on the idea of neccessites. Wine doesn't even require a cozy.

3. I have been irrationally missing are all my knitting supplies. Even though I have stuff to knit with, it doesn't seem to matter, I NEED it ALL. Just in case.

In addition, I had someone steal a printer sent to me from work from the mail area in my building. To try and find this package, I made the mistake of calling the post office. Did you know that FedEx and the post office aren't the same thing? And therefore, nothing FedEx delivers will ever, EVER be at the post office? I thought this had happened before, but according to Wally the postman, I was WRONG! Thanks Wally! Your condescending tone helped me figure it all out!

Other than that, it's just general hardships and sad sack stories. Everything in Boston is similar to San Diego, but weird, somewhat rude at times, and closes earlier than you would think. I will adjust, but not sleeping 2 inches from the floor would be helpful.

No comments: