Thursday, May 28, 2009

OH. hi.

I know, who's still reading this? I need to GET on the new entries train again. But not quite yet, I'm going to San Diego for two weeks to eat some goddamn burritos, and work too, I guess. In fact, you can halfway blame work for my long absence, I've been preparing for a BIG presentation, and I've been stressing out about that, and my ability to present. I've decided that the answer is to get a long pointer stick, so I can use it to point at the powerpoint, as well as calm my shaking, sweaty hands. Does anyone know where you can buy a pointer stick? Teacher store?

Anyways, if I'm too stressed to procrastinate working, then I'm apparently not blogging. What a good insight.

Here's some crumbs until I get back:

I'm really into this girl's entire childhood:




We've been listening to Patton Oswalt a lot lately. Here is one I really like.


Whenever I hit a knitting slump, knitting toys always gets me out of it. Very therapeutic. Right now I'm making an elephant, and I keep fighting impulses to give him a top hat and some monocles, maybe a purple smoking jacket. Since it's for a baby, not so appropiate. The only answer is to finish THIS elephant, and make one for myself. Maybe with a cigar too. BIG summer ahead for old Hagerty.

Mad Men on dvd. I can finally see why the 60's had to happen. Against all logic, this is my favorite character:



I KNOW RIGHT? He's such a trashbag, but I just want him and the secretary to run away together and BE HAPPY GODDAMNIT.

3 comments:

Ilan S. said...

If a baby can't appreciate an elephant with a top hat and a monocle it has no business receiving such an awesome gift.

Michelle Koury said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

oh... HIII!!!!!
Glad to see you are posting again!